Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wrightsville Beach, NC

Well, it's back to reality... I've been at the beach since Monday with Jenn and Jess and it felt so nice to get away and relax for a few days. We went to Wrightsville Beach in North Carolina for a short vaca before we all start our busy summers. Wrightsville is such a cute, quaint little town. I loved it.
We left early Monday morning and made good timing getting down to the beach. Our room wasn't ready when we got there so we went for a walk down the beach. It was a pretty eventful walk -- met a family whose son went to Tech and Jess's rainbows almost got washed out to sea. haha! Since it was pretty chilly we unpacked and went down to the stretch of road with the local shops. We went into one of the surf shops and Jenn bought a pair of TOMS shoes. I saw a really cute pair and spent the rest of the trip contemplating whether or not to buy them (I eventually ended up buying them and I'm so glad I did. I love them. They're black with white writing all over them that says 'make art.not war'). There wasn't a whole lot to do at night, so we spent our evenings playing bocce ball, volleyball, and watching all the surfers. (There were tons of them - must be the thing to do down there.) We tried two local restaurants and a local coffee shop which were all three delicious! One of the restaurants was called "The Oceanic" which was on the pier right next to the place we were staying. The coffee shop and "King Neptune" were about a mile-and-a-half or so down the road. The sun finally came out and the wind died down on Wednesday so we got in some rays on our last full day which was nice. Then, this morning before we headed home, Jess and I got up early to see the sunrise. It was a little hazy so we didn't see it come up over the horizon but we did see it break the clouds and let me just say -- wow!! The sunrise over the ocean was gorgeous! I definitely need to start taking advantage of the little things in life. Can't believe I've been missing out on that all these past beach trips!
We had a safe trip home and now I'm just going to relax the rest of the weekend before my Western summer classes start. I had such a great time this past week with great friends. Hopefully we'll all never get too old for a short girl's vacation. Great times and lots of wonderful memories :)

1 comment:

  1. heck i'll never get too old for a girls trip! :)
    -jenn

    ReplyDelete