Friday, May 7, 2010

Sweet Sweet Summertime...

Wow!!! I'm officially done with my sophomore year of college!! This year flew by! I don't know why, but it was kind of bittersweet packing up all my things and leaving the dorm for the last time. Last time I'll ever be staying in a dorm room. I am MORE than ready to have my own place, but something about living on-campus means a lot more to the college experience. I'll definitely miss the convenience of dorm living I have to admit.

Well, finals started today for everyone and I lucked out and had my last final today at 1:00. My other "finals" were either papers I needed to turn in or the last test was the "final" in that class. I was pumped I got done so early--now I have a full week until summer classes start. (I'm taking summer classes so I can catch up in my new major for fall semester.) I finished my exam early so I went back to my room, got what little I had left packed up, then checked out. My roommate, Ashley, still has to take her exams next week so it was weird seeing all of her things still on her side of the room and mine completely bare and empty. I was hoping my RA, Lindsey, who became one of my really good friends this year, would be back from her exam and be able to check me out so I could say goodbye. I was really sad when she wasn't and I had to leave without seeing her. Thankfully she called me when I got home and said she has to stay at Tech until next weekend and is going to try and come up to Roanoke so we can have lunch before she leaves for home. I hope that works out because I won't see her next year -- she's co-opting so she'll be working back in Tennessee all of next year.

It was so nice driving home knowing I'll be here for almost three whole months. After unpacking my car, my mom and I went out to Ross and Marshall's to look for me something to wear for my best friends' graduation tomorrow and for some much needed pairs of shorts for this summer. I had planned on driving down to Forever21 to look there, but we would've been pushed for time -- plus Ross and Marshall's never disappoints me :) Didn't end up finding a dress to wear, but I did get two new pairs of shorts and a pair of shoes. I'll just have to wear one of my dresses already in my closet which is perfectly fine -- I have a few to choose from.

Another reason for staying to shop here was because my mom told me that my high school softball team was playing tonight against one of the other top district teams. We decided to meet my dad over at the game since it was going to be a great one to watch. I really just wanted to go to see my old coaches and see what other girls I played with would be there watching. The girls on the team now seem so young to me, but I guess that's because it's been two years already since I left and I don't know hardly anyone on the team anymore. It's always weird for me going back to watch my team play because I hate being on the other side of the fence watching. Every time I wish I was still playing since Northside softball was such a big part of who I was.

I was so so glad to see two of my good friends, Tamara and Caitlin, had come to watch. Cait and I talked most of the time I was there, so I didn't really pay much attention to the game. I said something to my coaches during innings and after the game. It was great to see all of them! I really do miss playing for that group of coaches -- they're amazing people.

Now I'm sitting here thinking about what's happening tomorrow morning. Three of the most amazing people I know are graduating from JMU!! Graduating --from college!!! I still can't believe it. Jennifer, Jessica, Katie, and I have been friends since we were little and I just can't believe they graduate tomorrow. They're supposed to stay in college forever -- not go out into the real world and become working adults :) No--but I am so PROUD of them. All three of them are such solid people and whatever the next chapter in their lives is, I know they'll do amazing things and continue to grow into even more inspiring people than they are now. I just want to wish them a huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And I hope they know how proud I am of them! I love them all so much!

But, I should get off of here. We have to leave at 6:15 in the morning to make it up to the ceremony at 9:00. So I better get to bed soon so I won't be draggin' in the a.m. :)

So until next blog -- goodnight!!! And everyone have an amazing and blessed weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. i read this post this morning while getting ready...brought a little tear to my eye. thanks for coming amanda!! <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete