Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catch Up!

Wow - it feels like forever since I've written on here. This past week has been hectic!! Last Monday I started my Econ class at Western which is two nights a week and then yesterday I started my class at Tech. I'd planned on taking an online accounting class as well BUT with such a crazy schedule this summer I decided to drop it. There was so much work involved with that class since it was online, I just didn't want to get stressed over it. Plus, it's not a class I necessarily need to take right at this moment.

Along with classes, I am also shadowing Erin and working at the gym down at Tech a few days a week since I'm there every morning for class. I thought I'd be able to also work at HVCC as well as shadow but Patrick, the clubhouse manager, said he didn't think he'd be able to fit me in since my availability was limited. I'm so thankful I can get some hours in at the gym though!! It really worked out for the best because I don't think I would've had much free time working both jobs, shadowing, and taking classes!hah...but over all I am loving shadowing Erin! I also am interning with another girl who goes to JMU - Kelly. I played softball against her in high school which was cool. I love her! We get along great!

So since I'm not "working" at Hidden Valley, my summer income is coming from the gym.hah! It was so nice to get back down to Blacksburg. I'd already started to miss it - a lot!! But it's definitely different from during regular semesters - campus feels so empty!! I'll be able to get a lot of my reading for my classes done while I'm working at the desk which is a big positive!! Plus - seeing some summer gym goers that are easy on the eyes isn't too bad either.hah! Work is always laid-backed but even more so in the summer - and I'm not complaining one bit!! :) But yea...my class down at Tech I don't think should be all that bad. A PhD student teaches it and the first two classes we've been let out at least half an hour early!hah! The class is really small -- only about 20 people which is nice. Lots of athletes! Not too worried about the it in general.

I don't know about anywhere else, but today the weather was so strage for this area. One minute it was cloudy and pouring down rain and literally the next it was clear and sunny. And it kept going on like that all day. Really weird. But thankfully it stopped in time for me to go on a nice run when I got home this afternoon. I haven't gone on a good run in awhile so it was nice to get out there today. I felt so much better afterwards.

Well I guess I should get off here and start working on some school work. Hope everyone's had a great week so far!!Half-way through tomorrow!! Have a great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment