Today was a pretty lazy day -- can't say that I mind considering tomorrow I start summer classes and work. I'm sad I woke up late and missed church this morning. Next week that's definitely NOT happening! I haven't been to Parkway in forever. I miss it -- hopefully they'll have a bible study group I can get involved in for the summer.
But...I did get a head start on some of my reading for one of my summer classes. I took a few online quizzes too! I'm hoping to stay ahead of schedule so I won't be so bogged down with work every day. I hope I can stick with that mind set. I did that for the majority of the afternoon and then just piddled around until dinner. After dinner, my mom and I watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It's been forever since I've watched a full episode of that show and I'm glad I chose tonight's to watch. So many of the episode's for that show are emotional and touching but tonight's was so incredibly inspiring. The special guests on the show were the real-life Touey (?) family--Leanne, Michael, Sean Jr. and Collins. It was about a family whose six-year-old son has spina bifida and the dad was recently diagnosed with ALS. That horrible disease has got to be so so hard and debilitating on not only the one effected by it, but also the family, but somehow this inspirational man found no time to feel sorry for himself and chose not to let ALS destroy the life he still has to live. He has loved football for his whole life and played in college and now coaches a high school team. His family and his players are his life. It was heart-breaking to here him talk about his condition. The disease has already given him a limp and effected his speech. But again, he's accepted the fact that his disease in incurable but said something that is so so true. He said that "I have lou garages disease. So what. It doesn't change me. It may change how I do certain things, but it doesn't change this [tapping at his heart]." I cried A LOT during that episode. To know there is no specific cause or cure for ALS makes me sick to my stomach. Tonight's episode really made me think about doing something to help victims of Lou Garages. Even though I don't know anyone directly effected by it, I've heard about the disease from multiple people who know someone with the disease. It's such a selfish disease. So if any of you fellow bloggers knows of how I can help out, please let me know. I'll be searching on my own too and hopefully I'll find something. Please pray for the Williams family tonight. I know I will.
Well I hope you all enjoyed this post. Maybe this story inspired you to do something to raise awareness for some cause that sparks a fire in your heart. But I'm going to hit the sack soon after ArmyWives goes off. I'm supposed to meet with an events planner tomorrow that I will be shadowing this summer so I better get some rest. I don't want to be dragging on my first day!
Goodnight and have a safe and blessed week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment