Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reminiscing

Wow, for some reason tonight I'm really missing my senior year in high school. I was going through my messages on Facebook, which I just always forget to delete, and found some from my best friends senior year. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and relive certain times of that year. But the past is the past and I know moving on and changing and growing is what we're all supposed to do. Don't get me wrong...I love college -- the independence and the learning and growing into the person I am, but there will never be anything like that tight group of friends I had senior year. Staying out late into the night just talking and hanging out, I had some of the best times of my life. And as time has gone on, I do understand people change and move on, but sometimes I wish I could just blink my eyes and all those fun times would just come rushing back. It makes me sad that we all never hang out anymore over breaks and summers, but that shows me all of us are really growing up and going our separate ways to new lives and new futures. I will always cherish those times I had with everyone and I still love every single one of those friends and now know they were put in my life for a reason and I am so very blessed for that.

Sorry, that was kind of long. I was getting a little emotional writing it. I don't know why, but I guess because that time in my life was so important and special to me. I'm sure that sounds weird, but to me it's not. It just shows me how much time changes everything and everyone.

But, anywaysss...today I got a lot accomplished school-wise. I was proud of myself for not procrastinating on a Saturday :) I had to go to CVS to do an assignment for my Nutrition class and then came back and finished some reading I needed to get done. I planned on going to the Tech baseball game, but wanted to get all my work done. Maybe I'll go to tomorrow's. I'd like to watch the team play before school's out. We're actually ranked #18 now which is amazing!!! I hope the guys go far this year!!

Oh and this afternoon (which was GORGEOUS by the way) I was sitting doing work and heard all these motorcycles. I thought it was just a few but then I kept hearing the engines revving and finally looked out the window to see probably over one hundred bikes taking laps around the drillfield then drive and park on the drillfield sidewalks. My friend Lindsey came in and I asked her if she knew what was going on. She said the riders always drive from far away each year at or around April 16 to I guess pay tribute to the victims of the 4/16 shootings. I thought that was really cool!! I'm so proud to be part of the Hokie Nation :) I went out and took a few pictures which I might post later if I figure out how to post them!

My roommate went home this weekend for her birthday so I'm here by myself. It's rather lonely especially since we moved almost everything out of our room yesterday. The room is so empty compared to what all we had in the little space for eight months. I'm just going to relax and take it easy tonight since tomorrow I need to start studying for my finals!!

Well I guess that's it. I just thought I'd post something since I was in the mood and had things I wanted to get off my chest and chat about. Hope everyone has a great night and enjoys the rest of their weekend!!

Chao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment