So today was the first day I got to actually shadow the events planner I'll be working with this summer. I sat in on a meeting with Erin and three other women and we talked about a bridal show they are all going to put on in mid-September. It was so exciting! It's not going to be the traditional bridal show, but more so like a cocktail party/girl's night out theme. We talked about the different vendors that were being considered and decided on how the ballroom would be set up. I felt so involved and I loved it! I can tell I'm cut-out for this kind of job. I get such an awesome feeling doing things like I did today and being in that kind of atmosphere. I feel so in my element. (It's definitely an entirely different feeling from the feeling I got after shadowing PTs. I feel so much more excited and positive about what I'm doing.) I called my mom after our meeting today and she told me tonight she could tell in my voice and expression that I loved what I did today and it was a complete 180 from when I shadowed the PTs in January. (For all those who don't know, I went into college with a toss up between physical therapy and events planning. I chose to try PT but after shadowing this winter I found out physical therapy didn't excite me like I tought it would. So I'm now doing events planning. And my first experience so far has been amazing!) I'm looking forward to what this summer has in store for me!
Shadowing took up the first part of my day which was a great start, but unfortunately I had to come back home to work on homework and reading for my summer classes. Yuck!! I don't think my classes will be that bad overall. At least I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they won't! :)
I hope everyone had a great day!!! Oh and by the way for all you Dancing With the Stars fans...I'm so sad Chad and Cheryl got eliminated tonight. I love them!! ha but I'm sure there's way more important things on people's minds tonight. Well, I guess that's it...not too much to write about today.
Goodnight everyone!!!
ah so glad you are loving your summer job so far! Can't wait to hear more about it!! miss you <3
ReplyDelete