Sunday, January 30, 2011

such a relaxing weekend...

This weekend has been such a relaxing way to spend the the end of a somewhat stressful week. Stressful only meaning me not knowing a thing about my Physics homework. (And yes, that ONE thing freaked me out the entire week; but thankfully I got some help and have made myself set aside time during the week for a tutor.)

But anyways...considering classes and professors are officially back in school mode (meaning work, work, work), my weekend did consist of looking over my week's notes and doing some 'to-be-expected' reading. Thankfully though, the way I've tried to prioritize my workload is still holding up, so I don't have actual 'work' to do over my two-day breaks. I know I've said this before, but I really like managing my time that way for the sole purpose of NOT being overwhelmed come Sunday evenings.

Friday night I stayed in and curled up watching HGTV and drinking coffee. It was great not gonna lie. Then last night, my parents came down to take me out to dinner and do a little shopping in C'burg!! Ashley was able to take a break from her art and came with us to O'Charley's. It was a lot of fun. Oh and we had a cutie for a waiter which made for great coversation at the table ;) haha. We got another chair for our apartment and, after looking in Target, decided to put our art skills (when I say 'ours', I really mean mostly Ashley's)to work and make our own canvases to hang on our kitchen wall. I can't wait until it gets warm outside so we can lay them out on the sidewalk and paint them. Not sure what we'll end up doing - perhaps abstracts, but I don't know. It turned out to be a fun and successfull outing!! I love that my parents are so close they can just drive down for dinner randomly.

Today topped the weekend off great! I always look forward to Sunday mornings for church service. (It's sad that I once couldn't ever get that feeling come Sunday mornings, but it's also amazing at the same time - to see how far my relationship with Jesus has come. Ya know? I think it's awesome!) It was a great service - another packed house. We studied Luke 9:1-10 which is about Jesus sending out his 12 disciples and how we're given the same power and authority from Him to go out and do the same - but not for ourselves or as a 'civic duty' but for the love we have for God. It was really cool to listen to Jeff talk about it. Everyone should check out the podcast!

After service was over, I ran to the grocery store (I have officially depleted all the money on my giftcard from Christmas in only 3 trips to FoodLion), and worked on a study guide for my online class. I'm hoping to catch some of the basketball game on TV (if it's on) and start reading the book "Cure for the Common Life" by Max Lucado. It's supposed to be an awesome book!! Have any of you ever read it? I got it probably a year and a half ago from a friend and have never finished it. I'm planning on just starting over at the beginning and really diving into it. I WILL finish this time - hopefully it'll only take me a few days.

I guess I should stop writing before this becomes a short novel. But one last thing -was it nice weather wherever ya'll live? It was gorgeous here today - 60 degrees on January 30th!! It was so nice, but unfortunately it will all be gone tomorrow and it'll be back in the 30's =/ I'm just grateful I live in a place where there are actual seasons - where I look forward to all the temperature changes!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the evening!! <3

1 comment:

  1. yess I loved the weather today but I'm sad that it's gonna be cold again this week =\ I can't wait until Spring!!
    Glad to hear that Northstar was good this morning!

    ooh you need to go enter my give-a-way k?!

    ReplyDelete