I just got my schedule completely squared away today which was a little nerve-racking, but thankfully everything worked out! Anxiety always consumes me the first week of classes anyways with trying to figure out how my classes will be. Add on not having a complete schedule until 4 days after classes start - that was exhausting. I couldn't get registered for one of my class's online portion & then I didn't know if I would even get into the online class I was looking for to get the minimum full-time credits required. But, like I said, everything came together and I am so releived.
After reading that, I realized it must sound like I had a horrible first few days and am not grateful for them, but honestly I didn't mean for it to sound like that at all. Those little set-backs have just taught me yet again what patience can do. I actually think my classes are going to be okay though. Going into the semester, I wasn't sure how I would handle three major science classes, but after the first two days of each, they don't seem as dreadful as I thought.
I can already tell my BioChemistry class is going to be 10x better than the one I was in for a max of one week this time last spring. My professor is this cute old Asian man who actually gives the class time to right down the notes he puts up while explaining the material in pretty good detail. My Physics class on the otherhand, seems a bit different. I can't tell if I'm going to like my professor yet or not. That's bad I know, but he seems a bit arrogant. I can't tell yet if it's the 'dry humor type of arrogant' or the 'I'm better than you kind of arrogant'. Let's hope it's the first. That class is going to be a lot of work and requires reading all the chapters of the book. I think I'll be reading/using my textbooks more this semester than the past two years combined. My Anatomy book is also going to be at my side this entire semester too. I could get away without reading all the chapters because it probably is pointless for the exams (I had this professor for the first semester a year and a half ago), but I need the re-enforcement of the material. I can definitely see a big change in how I approached the first semester to how I feel about this semester's class - I'm learning the material and actually don't dread going to class! So much more motivating that way! My fourth and final class is the online one I just found out I am enrolled in. It's Travel & Tourism Management which I think is going to be so fun since that's something I like. (After all, I did change my major to that once!)
Overall though, the week has been great! I've kept up with my work/reading that I told myself I would do, I've been to the gym every day to relieve the every day stress that comes with college, and I'm on tract to reaching a goal of getting all my work done by Sundays and using that day to relax. (Hopefully I can keep that up!!) Unfortunately, I've become a big nerd in the process - it's Friday night and I'm staying in studying this week's notes and taking random pictures around the apartment! Oh well!!
I'll leave ya with a few of the pics I took. Hope everyone had a great week! Have a fun Friday night!!!
Ciao!! <3
My cute little magnet my mom found!!
This Keurig of my roomate's is seriously my favorite new toy!! LOVE it!! :)
And of course our coffee/tea collection.
Glad you got your schedule all worked out! I know its stressful figuring out classes, esp when they have already started!
ReplyDeleteI like your goal of finishing everything by Sundays-mmm maybe I should try that too! we all need at least one day of relaxation a week.
and I'm proud of you for hitting the gym everyday- I wish I could say the same haha I miss Greenridge!