WHOAAA I can't believe I haven't posted anything in almost two weeks!! I apologize - that is if you're that interested in my life happenings. I'm hoping I don't let this much time pass again - I don't want to slip back into my old ways and let six months pass before I post again. Determined to NEVER let that happen again. :) I gotta admit though, come Monday I'll be devoting my ENTIRE life to studying for two huge exams I have this week, so I'm not promising too much - but hopefully a little recap at least once during the week!!
Enough about me going on about that though. Moving on to tonight!!
Tonight was probably one of the best Friday nights I've had in awhile. And it wasn't even like I did THAT much, but it was so chill and such a relaxing, fun way to end a stressfull week. Our Relay for Life committee here put on a big fundraiser with a "Relay's Best Dance Crew." The big thing though was our fellow Hokies from Fighting Gravity were the special guests!! The entire 3,000-seat auditorium sold out for the show which made for an awesome amount of money going to a GREAT cause!! All the dance groups were great! I love watching people dance - it would be totally sick to be a part of a dance group - I'd love to do it. BUT since I'm not, watching is the next best thing. I don't care what people say though, but I guarantee almost everyone in Burruss tonight was there to see no one but Fighting Gravity. When they came on, the feeling was undescribable. The crowd went crazy. And just to know that was the stage they first performed on and a lot of people at the show including me saw them dance there the first time was pretty cool. I'm 100% sure I go to THE best school in the entire world. There's nothing like the TEch community and people here. Needless to say, that was the highlight of my whole week. :)
After the show was over, my roommate and one of our best friends went to the coffee shop on campus to listen to some live music put on my different students. I definitely know where I'm going to be spending my Friday nights now! There's something about a CoffeeHouse atmosphere that makes me feel like I'm in a big city just enjoying local music. It doesn't help that I'm a sucker for guys who can sing and play guitar either ;) It definitely makes me want to start searching for other live music going on around town on the weekends! The music was great!!
So tonight was a success! Great entertainment, great company - definitely makes for an enjoyable night. I hope everyone else's night has been just as fun!! If not, it's still not too late!! :) Go out and do something spontaneous - does the heart and sould some good. I've recently found that not second guessing myself and just going for something is totally worth it and so much better than thinking 'what if'. Hopefully that changed someone's perspective tonight!!
But I'm going to get going and maybe catch up on the Grey's Anatomy episode I missed last night. Have a fantastic night!!!
Oh and P.S. -- as I'm continuing to read the book, 'Cure for the Common Life,' I'm going to end with a quote or verse from the book. Hope you enjoy.
"God has never taken his eyes off you. Not for a millisecond. He's always near. He lives to hear your heartbeat. He loves to hear your prayers. He'd die for your sin before he'd let you die in your sin, so he did." - Cure for the Common Life
love that quote...i might wanna borrow that book when you are finished?!
ReplyDeletealso, ummm INVITE me to the coffeehouse sometime. please and thankyou :)