Friday, February 18, 2011

life's awesome don't ya think?!?

I think so!! :)

This week has been so hectic but it's been FULL of blessings at the same time. Like I posted last time (which was a week ago...oops!!), I had two big exams this week - biochem and physics. Studying for those consumed most of my time up until yesterday around noon. I felt pretty confident about my biochem, then to find out I didn't do as well as I thought. And then, my physics test...that was a whole different story. First of all, I've never had a test only consist of 12 questions, and second, I've never had a test that I've had NO idea how to do the majority of the problems. It was really aggrevating, but I didn't want to stress over it. I knew it would turn out how it was supposed to - whether good or bad.

Last night was a great way to start the stretch of a few less stressful days to come. I joined a community service fraternity (yea co-ed groups are called fraternites too) this past week and some of us got together last night to make blankets for Project Linus - the Saint Jude's organization. It's a great feeling knowing you're helping make people's lives better - especially sick kid's. I'm so looking forward to all the other service projects lined up. I can tell ESA is going to be a great fit for me!

Today though, probably topped my whole week off. Not just because it was Friday either! I found out that I made a B on my physics test! I can't explain how excited I was. I had motivation to get some work done too. Then I hit up the mall with Jenn and Jess. We saw this cute new shop - Paint n' Fun - that was full of all these ceramics you could paint. So we went in and put our creativity to the test :) They're really inexpensive too!! Jenn and I painted our initial and Jess got a cute little trinket box. I love doing spontaneous things. I had planned on just going to look around, but our little side stop made the trip so much more fun :) After we finished painting, they had to glaze them which took about twenty minutes, so we went browsing a few stores & stopped for some coffee. I had a blast!

Life is so good. GOD is so good. I've definitely seen him at work so much this week. I told myself at the beginning of the week that I wanted to set aside time and actually reflect on what God does for me EVERY SINGLE DAY. In the past, I've always just taken it for granted and have had this mindset that I'm in control - and then it finally clicked and I was like, "wait, what am I doing?!? why am I not taking time to thank Him for all of this?". Let me tell you, it's an amazing feeling when you step back and watch what GOd does - through you and others, and through every situation in life. It seriously is awesome!!

But, I'm going to get off here - heading out to get dessert with a friend. Hope everyone is having a great Friday night!! HAVE FUN!!! :)

<3

1 comment:

  1. yay, it was definitely a fun night.

    you are inspiring me to take time out to reflect on what God is doing, its TOO easy to just go through the motions everyday and not take time out to Thank the One "from who all blessings flow" haha

    I love you and am lucky to have you as a BFF :)))

    ReplyDelete