Don't let the header fool you. Nothing too exciting happened today, it's just that my Mondays are usually 'ehhh' days and seem to be so slow and boring. I guess with the whole beginning of a new week thing they're associated with. But today went by fairly fast for me and I surprisingly got A LOT done! It's a great feeling to wake up and feel refreshed and ready for the day/week. Hopefully my Mondays will continue to be this way - that would make me one happy camper!! But I guess it is what YOU make it.
It helps that I woke up this morning with a text from one of my best friends telling me that our friend/neighbor got engaged last night!! I couldn't believe it when I picked up my phone!! It's weird to think one of my friends is getting married - but I'm so happy for her and I know she is SO excited!! I can't wait to see the dress she picks out!! (I'm a little obsessed with weddings so I'm so excited to see what all she picks out!!)
I only had one class today - Biochemistry and trust me it's nothing exciting! But my professor is so funny! He's this cute old Asian man and randomly during the middle of class today he looks down and says, 'oh no, I must tie my shoe.' Obviously just reading that it's not funny at all, but the whole class busted out laughing because it was so random.
After class I went to the gym and let me just say - I HATE how crowded the gym is after New Year's up until Spring Break. It's ridiculous! I feel smothered.
With campus stuff out of the way, I came back home and got almost all my reading done for this week. I was shocked!! Seriously, I never have motivation to read for classes. Again - great feeling!!So to reward myself, I went and bought a few things at OfficeMax with a giftcard I had and Walgreens. I got a journal for church and bibly study and twi new pretty pens and then some nailpolish ('easy going' and '24/7'). Big spender I know. But it was nice to get out of the apartment even if it was only for an hour.
But on a serious note, my uncle (my mom's brother-in-law) had to have stint surgery today in his leg. He also has to go again sometime later in the week to have bypass in his leg. His health isn't that great - he's had all this done before. I just hope this time he knows how crucial it is for him to stop smoking and drinking since that has an effect on it. Please pray for him and the doctors this upcoming week.
Well, I'm going to get off here and put all my focus on 'The Bachelor'!! :) Everyone have a great night!!
Ciao <3
P.S. - God's really been tugging on my heart lately to get involved with a small group through the church I've been going to here at school. There's one on Thursday nights that I might go to but haven't decided yet. I'm excited and really hope it works out!! :)
isn't is so WEIRD to think we are now at the age where our friends are getting married ? is it sad that i feel like when they get married, i'll just be left behind? :/
ReplyDeletebut God knows the men he has for us and they will be WORTH the wait ! (just gotta keep reminding myself that, daily)
i wish i could start going to a small group. that's one bad thing about my classes all being in the evenings!
oh- i ordered a new bible, the message bible- it better get here soon!! it's pretty and purple :) and in a format i can understand !
longest comment, ever...i think so.