What my Saturday night has consisted of!! Jenn and Jess came over tonight for dinner and a movie and to do some on-the-side hair-coloring!! I've been saying I wanted to dye my hair for a LONG time and I finally got the courage to go for it. I had no idea how the kits worked so obviously I needed someone who is an expert in dying their hair!!hah. I got a color called "cinnamon stick" which, on the box, looked and said it was a mahogany brown shade. At first I was a little nervous that it wouldn't turn out right or look good, but I LOVE it!! It's the perfect color and not too drastic for my first time. There is more of a reddish tint to it than the box shows but that gives it a little more spunk I think. I can tell I'm going to become addicted to switching up my color - who knows when I'll ever get to see my natural color again.
After my 'makeover', we watched the movie with Drew Barrymore, 'Going the Distance.' It was okay, not my favorite movie, but it had it's funny scenes. The plot just didn't have much too it. But it was fun to hang out and relax even if it wasn't one of my top five movies. It was a great way to get my mind off some things & I thank my friends for that!!
This afternoon was somewhat overwhelming. I called my mom to see how she was and she told me she was at the doctor's office because of a cough she had. If you know my mom, she doesn't just go to the doctor for a 'cough'. But I didn't really think about much more until later when I tried calling her to ask a question and she didn't pick up her phone - twice! My mom ALWAYS answers her phone. I got a little mad because I wanted the answer to that question right then. I later felt really guilty for being angry. I got a text a few minutes later from her saying she was still with the doctors and that she'd call me when she was done. That's what got be worring - doctors, as in plural and that she was still at the doctor's office at least two hours after I'd talked with her the first time. She finally called me back just for her phone to cut me off. I was expecting her to call me right back but when she didn't in about five minutes I called her phone back and my dad answered. I can't even describe what was going through my mind after that. My heart was racing - I had no idea what was going on. And it didn't help that my dad was like, 'hey can I call you back in a few minutes?' in a low voice. Thankfully, my mom must have told him to tell me everything was okay, before she got on the line. Long story short she had had some minor chest pain earlier in the day and went over to the 'Urgent Care' outpatient office. They took some blood there and sent her to one of our hospitals to do a stress test. For some odd reason, you have to stay overnight for those things. But I'd rather her be there than anywhere else just to be on the safe side. So needless to say, I was extremely stressed out and worried throughout the afternoon, but everything should be back to normal for her tomorrow. I just ask for a few extra prayers if you don't mind.
It's about my bedtime though, so I better get off here. I'm so glad tomorrow's Sunday!! Excited to get back to the church I've been going to here at school. Plus, my grandparents are coming up for dinner and to see my apartment for the first time. I can't wait to see them!! Hope everyone had a fun and eventful Saturday!!
Goodnight!! <3
yay! i'm still so glad your hair turned out prettypretty :) i NEED to do mine ASAP.
ReplyDeleteand also, another YAY for church. i loved it this morning, and i think we need to start going to the late service more often..hellloooo eye candy ;)
hope you have fun with your parents/grandparents this evening !!