Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th

All 23 of the kids - and not all of them were there!

Kaleb
The patriotic cookies my mom & I made
I know it's a bit late, but I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July!!! I love spending time with family, cooking out, and watching fireworks - it's always a great time with my family on the Fourth. My mom, dad and I always go down to my mom's parents' for July 4th. This year Jess and Jenn came down with us too. (They fit right in down there!) We got down there around 4:00 and helped Mam get some last minute goodies prepared. I introduced Jenn and Jess to Hammy (my cousins' cat) and baby Kaleb - which they both loved.



Most of my family ended up being there - I think the count was around 68 or so (Mam and Grandad tried to count them all up). Our family friends from Germany had just gotten in the day before too so that made for a good time as well. And then we had some random people there too! - ha not random but just new people I'd never met before. But that's not unusual for down there- always people stopping by for a good time - I LOVE that about our family, we know so many people and they feel so comfortable just coming over for get-togethers.

We played volleyball, listened to my uncle play guitar and sing, and finished off the night with fireworks (and a few dynamite sticks one of my uncles always sets off). It was a great night with family and friends!

Oh and Saturday I finished up my week-long babysitting job. The twins were great - they're so cute!! The dogs were worse than the kids - they barked almost everynight!! So glad to be back staying in my own house though!!

Katherine & Timothy (they LOVE their sunglasses)
Well I guess my four-day weekend is coming to a close. I'll be starting work again tomorrow morning then class starts back up. I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend!! Have a great Tuesday!!

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. ha ha yes we LOVED Hammy and Kaleb! Such a great time down there- your family is always so fun! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, again for letting us hang out with you for the 4th. i had such a blast, really, i love your family. annnd let me know about the 17th, with that band and all...plus this infamous doctor you're family speaks of. ahah

    ReplyDelete