Friday, March 4, 2011

21 Tomorrow?? Really???

Yea, I can't believe I'll seriously be 21 years old tomorrow. Obviously I'm so excited, but kinda scared at the same time. Is that weird? I mean I feel like 21 is the age everyone can't wait to get to - so ready to kiss the "kid" years goodbye and say "hello" to adulthood. I mean that's what I think. I feel like when you hit 21, you'll never be considered a kid anymore - everyone will forever think of you - and expect you to be - an adult. Was that ever scary to imagine for anyone else? Or just me? It may sound childish, but I feel like starting tomorrow, everything will seem different. And I don't know why I think that. It's so weird because, like I said, I'm so excited at the same time. But, I do think of it as another major milestone in my life. And I'm so ready to see what God has planned for me. Because up until now, I have been beyond blessed and I know His plan for me is just getting started :)

My friends and family have already made my birthday weekend amazing - one of my best friends at school got me a super cute wine class decorated with birthday artwork and my roommate got me Season 2 of Criminal Minds!! Then when I got home this afternoon I walked into a maze of 21 balloons my mom had picked up and some beautiful flowers! She's the BEST!! I'm so glad I get to spend time with her and my dad this week.

BUT anyways, besides my birthday, tomorrow officially starts my one-week Spring Break!! It is going to be SOOOOOOO nice to have 7 full days off to relax and spend time at home with my family (and kitty!!). Granted I'll have to work on a project for one of my classes - but it shouldn't be too bad. I'm going out tomorrow for my birthday (which is going to be AMAZING!!), visit family, and maybe hit up the ACC basketball tournament in Greensboro. It's going to be great. What is everyone else doing for their break if ya'll have one??

Well I know this was a short one given it's been about three weeks, but I'm going to get off here and maybe finish unpacking. HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

Goodnight <3

Oh and p.s. - How do you all like my new design?? Compliments of Jenn :) I think she did an awesome job!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birfday! can't wait to celebrate tonight :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 21st Birthday! :-)

    Found you from Jenn's blog & now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete