Has it really been since Memorial Day since I last wrote something?!? I've been so busy working, shadowing, and doing school work that they've taken over my blogging time! I can't continue to let that happen. I feel so much better after writing things down - such a relief.
The past few days I've been feeling kind of down on myself for some reason. I have no idea why, but I've just felt weird about everything. I feel like I've been stuck in this time warp where everything's the same old thing with the same old routine. It's an awful feeling not gonna lie.
But yesterday Erin, the banquet manager I'm shadowing, texted me and asked if I could meet with her today to discuss an opportunity she had for me and told me I was doing a really good job since I'd been with her. I had no idea what I was going into today so I was a little nervous. When I got to HVCC today, Erin told me her and Patrick wanted to talk to me. Before she could tell me, Patrick came into her office and was like, "So has Erin told you she's leaving?" I honestly did NOT see that coming. I was so shocked. I couldn't have asked for a better person to shadow and work with and to be told that was not what I was expecting at all. I am so happy for her because she's taking a position at another place that she really wants. She'll do great and I know she'll love her new job. It's just sad to see her go so abruptly.
But anyways back to the "opportunity" she and Patrick wanted to talk to me about. They want me to be the interim banquet manager for the month of July until they hire a new one!! Esentially I would be doing Erin's job. I couldn't believe it. I was so grateful and flattered that they would even consider me. That is such an honor and would be an incredible learning experience. The thing is I will be taking two summer classes in July as well. I told them I didn't want to get too in over my head with that plus school work, and told them I'd think about it over the weekend.
So when I got home, I was anxious to tell my parents the news. But as soon as I told my mom what they asked, she said, "I don't think that'll work Amanda with your classes and everything." And my dad was like, "Your school work has to come first." Yes, I understand I need to focus on my classes, but this opportunity will be great for the future. And I feel like I can handle both considering the small amount of events in July. Of all people I would've thought my mom would have been a little more supportive of my consideration. She's always saying doors like these that are opened are great opportunities for future success. I guess I was just expecting them to be more enthusiastic about the whole thing. I thought they would be flattered that I was considered too. It just kind of made me upset. I've gotten these little spurts of times I feel like crying this evening. I feel like making the decision would be so much more easier if I had gotten a more positive response from them. I don't know.
But however this situation works out, I am so grateful. I really think this might be God's plan for me - to have given me this opportunity in order for me to learn and grow. I just pray that I make the right decision. I need to consider this too some extent on my own but I have to leave the rest up to Him. I know I need to put my trust and faith in Him. I'm going to think long and hard about it this weekend and send up a few extra prayers. Please pray for me - I'd really appreciate it.
Well I hope everyone has been doing well. Have a great rest of the night. Tomorrow's Friday!! :)
oh my gosh. amanda that is such a compliment to you to be asked to take that position. so you would be in charge of all the events that the lady used to do?
ReplyDeletei say you are correct, doors like that don't open all the time and if you think you can handle it with school work then DO IT because it really will be great experience for your future.
i know you'll make the right decision, i'll shoot up a prayer for you for guidance in making this decision.
love youu and can't wait to see you friday night for games :)
agreed with Jenn! That's awesome that they already see all your potential and trust you with that job, even if it is only temporary- who knows once you graduation the job could be yours for real! ha
ReplyDeleteThat would be a great opportunity and I agree, if you know that you will be able to keep up with your classes then go for it!
*praying for guidance for you as you make this decision!*