Saturday, April 2, 2011

wings, beer, and basketball...

Thought it was time to put my ID to use.

Jenn, Jess, and I met up at Bdubs tonight to watch the VCU vs. Butler Final Four game. I hadn't had wings in FOREVER and since we were there to watch the game, why not have the typical sports bar meal - BBQ wings and a beer.ha. I'm just thankful my friends were smart enough to plan ahead to meet up about 45 minutes before tip-off. It was packed! Not that I expected it not to be, but there was definitely no way we would've gotten a table if we'd been even ten minutes later. It was fun - I love living so close to them again so we can meet up like this anytime. Too bad VCU lost, but I still think they had a pretty awesome run. Who woulda thought? They should be proud of themselves for getting that far :)

Wow though, I have had such a RELAXING two days - it's been amazing. Since my roommate went home this weekend, I had the apartment to myself so last night I made some coffee, watched a movie, and curled up with a book. It was so nice to just have some 'me' time. Then today, I got a great work-out in at the gym then went to check out the International Street Fair that Tech puts on each year. I'd never been the last two years, and let me just say that I've been missing out. Seeing all the different cultures and smelling all the fantastic foods - it definitely makes me want to travel all around the world even more than I already did. It was truly facinating! I wish the weather had been nicer/warmer though so it could've been outside like usual, but it wasn't too bad to have to make-do inside - just super crowded. It's definitly been a great weekend so far, not having to worry about any school work. But tomorrow I MUST get started on a paper I have due for one of my classes. Hopefully, I'll have motivation to get it knocked out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, this Kentucky/UConn game is getting close so I think I'll get off here and watch what happens the last few minutes. Hope everyone has a fun Saturday night! Oh and who's ready for some nice spring weather tomorrow?!?! I'm so excited for it to finally hit the 60's again!! WooHooo!! I'm not going to get too used to it, but I'll definitely enjoy it while it lasts!! :)

Goodnight!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment