Saturday, April 24, 2010

My First Post

So I never thought I would be the one to start a blog online, but here I am writing my first post. Weird how thoughts as small as that change. I've come to the conclusion writing things down is good for my soul. I'm not the type of person who wears her emotions on the outside. This blog I think will be a good way to write anything and everything. I'm really excited!

Today was another wonderful and blessed day. My parents drove down to Tech for the spring football game. They truly are amazing people. Words can't even begin to describe how much I love them. And I'm glad I got to spend time with them in such a great atmosphere -- HOKIE FOOTBALL :) The spring scrimmage got be pumped for the fall football season! I knew it would make me wish football season was year round. BUT of course it's not, and I will just have to find other exciting activities to pass the time until September!

I've also been thinking a lot lately about my passions in life and how I can incorporate them into my college life. I've decided that I want to start volunteering on a weekly basis -- maybe even twice a week. I love helping people. It gives me some kind of high which sounds cliche but it's true. I'm not sure what kind of opportunity will come about, but I'd like to maybe tutor or serve meals at a shelter or volunteer at the animal shelter. I'm not sure, but whatever comes about, I'll be ready and more than willing to throw myself into it! I also want and need to get involved in a bible study. I've been saying this for a long time, but I want to build my relationship with God. I can never be too close to Him and building a stronger relationship (on my end of course) will be more than words can describe.

There's so much more I could write about tonight, but for my first post, I think this is a good start. I think I can get used to this whole blog thing. I like it.

3 comments:

  1. yay!! I love your first post (:
    agreed. blogging is good for the soul- feels so much better to get things out- definitely a good outlet!
    Your parents are AMAZING- and I feel blessed to even know them! =)
    and yes yes I need a bible study too- I hope I can get into one through Parkway this fall..depending on when they meet. maybe we can do something this summer? <3 you and welcome to the blog world..prepare to become addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I found your blog through Jessica! :) You will come to LOVE blogging and meet new friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's great! And yes, I've already come to love it :)

    ReplyDelete